When did you realise that you had grown up? A heart touching Story. which i like want to do somthing for my family.

This is the interview which i like the most from bottom of my heart... <3
When i ask a person who is doing good in his life a single question -"When did you realise that you had grown up?"
And the reply comes from that person changed my thinking..
I promise one day i will defiantly feel proud to you.. love u papa... (:
 A heart touching Story ,which  i like want to do somthing for my family.

My dad had zero saving, he spent his all savings till I have completed Diploma(Equivalent to 12th standard). He earns very less and he managed to raise his two kids, me and my younger sister along with his mom, dad and wife(My mom).
I wanted to go for higher studies for engineering degree, my rank was very good. I chose college for my studies, which had a fee of 7 lakhs rupee for three years(Since I had a degree of diploma, so directly took admission to 2nd year). A huge sum of amount to lower middle class family, where my dad’s earning was approx 8000 rupee per month at 2008. Financial situation was not in a favor to go for a good college, and bank was not ready to give a loan more than 4 lakhs, but I took admission.
One day, in college my friends and roommates planned for outing, it cost approx 500 bucks per head. I had no money and I felt so embarrassed, but I couldn’t tell my financial situation to anyone and I knew I couldn’t ask for extra money from dad. My roommate Raj, he somehow managed to know my situation and he helped me through that situation and saved me from self embarrassment.
At that moment, I made a resolve that I will never put myself in such situation. I studied too hard and won various scholarships. I made myself too much strong in programming, I won various programming challenges around the globe. Finally I was out of my bad financial condition, I was able to pay rest of the amount for college fee. And I never took money from my dad for anything after spending 1 year in the college.
Honestly saying, it didn’t make me grown up, an ego inside me grown up. I was living in self glory like I won the world. Made me arrogant (success sometime too much hard to digest for tiny person).
I learned my lesson in a hard way, and I don’t want to discuss.
Finally a time came for a marriage of my sister. Like I mentioned about my dad’s saving, its a sin in India to give a thought, being a lower middle class family, to find a good groom from a good family. And in India dowry is bane for a family like us. I never wanted to marry my sister to a family where her future would become questionable. Finally we found a groom for her, quite happiest moment. But the wedding expenses was beyond reach of our family. I could have an option to surrender that situation and to find another groom, but I didn’t. I already had an education loan and then I took another personal loan for it. I knew it will sink me into bank interests and EMIs. But I had to take risk, so I planned to switch to a good company which will pay more, since I had time of almost one year from her engagement to her marriage.
I gave my best shot and got good paying job. Once, there was a time when I was embarrassed not having 500 bucks and now I took complete responsibility for her wedding expenses. Today she is happily married and settled with her husband in Malaysia. During her Bidaayi (a marriage ritual when girl leaves a home), my dad hugged me, he had tears in his eyes. He whispered in my ears, “Tumne wo kiya jo mai kabhi nai kar pata” (You did, which I could never accomplish for her). I felt proud and honored in my family.
I cannot pin point one moment, that I realized I had grown up, but a complete summary of my life is here from teenager to a grown man. I leave it to the readers to their wisdom and let me know when they felt I have grown up.


Image Courtesy : Google Images

For more Interesting thing just subscribe the blog or regularly visit the blog..
Content Copyright Ankit Srivastava..
Thankyou...
Share on Google Plus

About Anky Srivastava

0 comments:

Post a Comment