How much has your salary increased from your first job to today? An Interview..

How much has your salary increased from your first job to today? An Interview..



From INDIA, a software engineer's story as it happened.
My First pay was 4000 INR per month in 2009, October……… and currently drawing 1.3+ Lakh per month after ~7Y, 2016….
Too long, DR !!
I'm a MCA postgraduate with 73% aggregate from a very rural college.
I've gone to Hyderabad for my last semester “Project” work , been there for six months learning .net.
Went back to college to submit a crappy Project which my 'institute' provided me. Trust me, neither me nor the practical invigilator does know a thing about the project that I've submitted.
I've passed out with great CGPA - 7.3 , that's great achievement for me though.
NO CAMPUS PLACEMENTS in our college and NO OFF-CAMPUS placements too in surrounding areas. I doubt the management even know what it is. I don't blame them, that college is my choice :) (Read it as ONLY option, though I've secured not so bad entrance rank - 90th percentile, my LAST name didn't allow many colleges in counselling).
While I'm in Hyderabad, I've joined MahindraSatyam as a BPO executive for 4k INR per month in 2009 ~ August.
Been there for two months and quit as it doesn't suit my interest. “Obviously”
Went to Bangalore, prepared a beautiful resume and started proper job hunt.
It was a huge recession time and every interview I attend end up with a false note. They want me to pay money to employ me.
I did apply every opportunity available ,
Attended Accenture, HCL, Mphasis off campus, cleared almost all the technical rounds, but didn't make it at the end. This went in for 4 months !!
After 4 months stint in Bangalore, One fine day, my friend/Schoolmate called me asking my profile to refer to the company his brother was working in. That's totally unexpected call from him as it was our first conversation after 10Y of our last contact. We were in touch in Facebook for past year or so, he has got my contact from FB. After all, Facebook is not bad :)
Things went fine and I was SELECTED for that company, it's an US based company as an entry level developer position ~ 2010 February, Pay was 2.6LPA INR , **That's my HAPPIEST moment till now !!!**
It's a product based organization with 8k employees globally when I've joined . Awesome colleagues with an uber cool manager made ordinary things look sooo wonderful. Awesome work culture and amazing technical growth ensured that I was never dissatisfied.
Been there for 3.5 Y and resigned with 4.8Lpa. Resigned the company without any offer in hand due to some complications, probably due to over confidence that I can get a job in that 3 month notice period. I did, but not the ones I was really interested.
After 2months - Joined Accenture in 2013 after many struggles with ~8LPA INRincluding bonus. Since I've worked on multiple technologies in my first organisation, selected the most in demand and prepared my resume accordingly to get into Accenture.
It was a wonderful experience with ample opportunities to learn. Utilized every single opportunity and learnt as much as I can. After a while, technical growth became saturated.
Quit Accenture after - Close to 3Y With the pay ~11Lpa INR. My IT experience was then 6.4Y (June 2016)
This time I've had an offer in hand and then Resigned.
Waited for two more months , though I've cleared all the interviews that I've attended , I was selective about joining companies. It's MY TURN now, got offers from all theIT service organisations, rejected them at will. None of them were aligned with my interests.
The very companies I admired in the beginning were no longer interesting. I’ve Rejected TCS, Wipro, Infosys, IBM, Cognizant, Mphasis…..etc due to either pay or work profile.
At some point I was scared that I was being senseless, over confident. But still waited for right moment.
After few tensed weeks, came an offer from premier US based INVESTMENT BANKING Company with ~16 - 17 LPA INR. And my total exp. Is 6.6Y intoDatawareHousing Analytics.
Conclusion - Don't give up hope, take every opportunity and try to mould it to your interest. Quit at right time !! Though You don't like it initially, give your best shot !! Still not interested ? QUIT it !! Don't waste your time convincing yourself. Never settle !!!
There are no written guidelines to grow professionally/financially, trust your self as you are the one to judge Your position. Stay away from negative people as much as possible.
Many people with less experience might be earning much more pay than me, but - what I'm right now is at my best…….
“ That person, at that moment, In that condition” is the right one to decide,IT'S YOU !!!
All the best !

Image Courtesy : Google Images

For more Interesting thing just subscribe the blog or regularly visit the blog..
Content Copyright Ankit Srivastava..

Thankyou...
Share on Google Plus

About Anky Srivastava

0 comments:

Post a Comment