OYO Rooms Review.

Interview of a person who is doing job in Oyo rooms Sharing his experience:
Check it Out:-


Cons:
1. Oyo had just received its $100 Mn funding fro Softbank and was on hiring frenzie and when I joined I was 1 out of the 26 guys who joined that day. HRs were overworked, many team seem to be over employed and looked like I was back to college and was given an introductory brochure sort of thing similar to what you get during counselling after JEE.
2. The inducting 7 days, people have noone has an idea where you are. Felt like an over crowded train where everyone was trying to get some space. And the ones who got a seat (the initial riders of Oyo journey) spoke like they owned the company and knew everyone around.
3. There exists a hierarchy and it depends generally on the time you joined Oyo, sort of first come first serve basis.
Pros:
1.Things improved when I join my team. I was assigned a city, I would take care off. When I reached it, there was just one more guy who left for hub when I came and replacement of him was a guy who would handle transformation and we began the journey of trying to launch hotels that were signed up. We had 1 oyo when I joined and 28 when I left the city after two months. So there you had the freedom of doing things in the way you wanted to. We transformed, resolved issues, manage inventory And we did, we worked till we wanted to, had beers everynight and it was fun. Less pressure, lots of responsibilities and freedom. And we later switched to our next company(a management consulting firm) together and have been working there for the past 10 months and it has been fun.
2. Your hub (generally a state capital)team supports you a lot. You can get things done by dropping a whatsapp message. Everyone is always available and approachable and getting things done is easy.
3. Lots of ambitious and smart people so you learn a lot by speaking to them. But has a strong disadvantage with having so many of them at one place. Everyone wants to move up as fast as possible and that's why they had joined oyo haven't they. So there is lots of politics involved and my manager was transferred within a month of my joining. The other guy who ousted him was smart ambitious and connected (to the core team) and I learned a lot from him as well.
So I would let you to decide for yourself. But would I join Oyo again, if I get to start all over again. Yes I would, cause it got me out of my comfort zone. But would I stay for more than two months No I wouldn't, cause the work is mundane and the impact you create is hardly noticeable. So I wouldn't recommend joining Oyo if you like the work you are doing. But if that's not the case, join become vulnerable get out of your comfort zone, explore and hopefully you would end up where you want to. All the best :)

Image Courtesy : Google Images

For more Interesting thing just subscribe the blog or regularly visit the blog..
Content Copyright Ankit Srivastava..

Thankyou...
Share on Google Plus

About Anky Srivastava

1 comments:

  1. I booked a room through OYO rooms at Shirdi...and it was pathetic I must say....I think OYO rooms has become too big for their boots...firstly the hotel was not informed of my booking... After I showed the hotel guys the OYO rooms message them they allowed me a room...the room was not done...I had an early check-in which I had informed but that was also not covered...OYO rooms sent me a message saying that the breakfast will be provided but when I checked with the hotel they denied...when I tried to speak to a OYO caller, he was rude and did not want to listen...absolutely unethical and unprofessional.... I had it with OYO Rooms...IT WAS A NIGHTMARE...

    ReplyDelete