My Amazon Interview Experience... An Interview

                             My Amazon Interview Experience...








I am a software developer at amazon. My interview was consisting of 4 rounds. Details are as following.
  1. Round 1: Asked me to find 2 largest elements in an array in O(n).
    Did it with slightly long code but in O(n). Interviewer gave a hint to short the code and did that accordingly as well.

    Then he asked an sql question on joins. Did it somehow.

    Then he asked if 2 employees are travelling and they have an start date and an end date, how many overlaps are possible: found 8.
  2. Round 2: Asked to find an element in a sorted array where a[i] == i. Complexity expected was O(logn). Did it with modified binary search.

    Then he asked me to find shortest path in a 2d array with some constrainst given. Could not do it.

    Then he asked me to write the code for merge sort. Did it.
  3. Round 3: Asked to find the peak element in an array where it is strictly increasing and then strictly decreasing. Did it with modified binary search.

    Then he asked me to find all the heavy paths in a binary tree where heavy means sum of all the nodes from root to leaf should be greater than a threshold. Did it with recursion.

    Then some project related questions.
  4. Round 4: All were personal and project related questions.
I was selected after all this. I found interviewer to be more sensible at amazon . All of them were welcoming new ideas and solution to the question asked. Round 3 and 4 interviewers seemed highly experienced and sensible. 

Image Courtesy : Google Images

For more Interesting thing just subscribe the blog or regularly visit the blog..
Content Copyright Ankit Srivastava..

Thankyou...
Share on Google Plus

About Anky Srivastava

0 comments:

Post a Comment